Subtitle A guide to learning the art of drawing manga--step by easy step
Description Description Explore more than 500 tips, tricks, and step-by-step how-tos for creating a variety of manga characters, animals, and scenes across a variety of genres, including shonen, shojo, chibi, kawaii, and others.
With multiple art styles and in-depth instruction, The Art of Drawing Manga
is suitable for all manga artists
and enthusiasts, regardless of skill level or age. From learning the basics of drawing archetypal characters with intriguing personalities to creating an action sequence and even drawing entire manga scenes from scratch, this is the ultimate guide
to creating all things manga. This book shows how to draw people and animals
, develop intriguing characters
, create scenes and action sequences
, and write stories and dialog for a manga book
- All instruction is easy to follow, so you can quickly learn to draw different faces and expressions, hairstyles, clothing and accessories, animals (both real and fictional), heroes, villains, sidekicks, and so much more.
- Step-by-step instructions make the drawing process approachable for beginning and aspiring artists.
- Projects range from simple and easy chibi animals to more detailed scenes with multiple characters in action poses.
- Also included are tips for developing your own style, while looking to common styles (such as kawaii, chibi, moe, cartoon, standard, and realistic) for inspiration.
- Templates at the end of the book allow for easy practice of character faces and poses, as well as manga page layout.
With everything you need to start in the world of manga
, The Art of Drawing Manga
is your ultimate guide to creating your own characters and developing your own original manga books and stories.
The Collector’s Series
offers approachable, step-by-step art instruction for a variety of mediums and subjects, such as drawing, oil, acrylic, watercolor, cartooning, calligraphy, and more. Perfect for beginning artists, each title features artist tips for drawing or painting anything and everything from people, animals, and still life to flowers, trees, and landscapes.