Subtitle Expert techniques and simple step-by-step projects for creating dynamic landscapes in the open air with watercolor
For artists looking to grow beyond the studio, En Plein Air: Watercolor is the definitive resource for experiencing the rewards and invigoration of watercolor painting on location.
En Plein Air: Watercolor introduces beginning artists and fine-art enthusiasts to the core concepts of painting on location. This guide will have you fully prepared for a day of painting outdoors. Inside, you'll find:
- A comprehensive list of what to pack to maximize your time
- How to choose a subject and interpret it for a composition
- How to deal with the challenges of shadows and shifting natural light
- A review of color theory and color mixing
- Tips and techniques for honing your watercolor skills and developing your artistic voice
The collection of step-by-step examples will help you gain new artistic skills as you create unique, dynamic artwork outside the studio. Perfect for artists looking to break outside the norm, En Plein Air: Watercolor is your complete guide to experiencing the unique rewards of painting on location with the invigorating medium of watercolor.
Painting outdoors is a rewarding, peaceful experience full of joy, adventure, and persistence. Let the En Plein Air series guide you in your artistic travels as you explore this daring and expressive method of painting, wherever you may be.
Also available from the series: En Plein Air: Acrylic and En Plein Air: Light & Color.