Subtitle Your Handbook to Honoring the Eight Seasonal Celebrations
Description Description Connect with the divine power of Mother Earth by celebrating with the wheel of the year.
The wheel of the year is made up of eight Sabbats or festivals that occur on or around the same day each year. The eight Sabbats happen during four solar events
—the Summer Solstice, Winter Solstice, Spring Equinox, and Fall Equinox—and the midpoints between them
, which focus on seasonal changes and farming.
The Zenned Out Guide to Understanding the Wheel of the Year
walks you through everything you need to know about these Wiccan holidays
. You’ll learn their history
, their meanings
, and important ways you can honor each celebration
. Magnify your spiritual practice and spell work by using the powerful energies surrounding these special days and strengthen your connection to the Earth and the divine.
This complete guide covers the following holidays:
- Yule: December 21–January 1 (Winter Solstice)
- lmbolc: February 1 (also known as Candlemas, it signifies the first signs of Spring)
- Ostara: March 20 (Spring Equinox, the first day of Spring)
- Beltane: April 30–May 1 (a fire ceremony that signifies the midpoint between Spring and Summer)
- Litha: June 21 or 22 (Summer Solstice)
- Lughnasadh: July 31–August 1st (marks the first harvest of the year)
- Mabon: September 21–September 23 (Fall Equinox)
- Samhain: October 31–November 1 (marks the New Year on the wheel of the year)
The Zenned Out
series is an open invitation to seasoned and curious spiritualists who want to explore their craft. With Cassie Uhl’s approachable steps and explanations to mystical tools and symbolism, readers can start using the information right away.