Subtitle 200 Ultra-Convenient, Super-Tasty, Completely Animal-Free Recipes
Expand your vegan repertoire and get the maximum value from your slow cooker with these 200 delicious vegan slower-cooker recipes.
In Fresh from the Vegan Slow Cooker, best-selling vegan and vegetarian cookbook author Robin Robertson unites her expertise on the creative use of slow cookers, her ingenuity in the kitchen, and talent for working with enticing ingredients and flavors. She provides practical guidance on how to work with different models of slow cookers, taking into account the sizes of various machines, the variety of settings they offer, and the quirks and personalities of each device.
Robin addresses any lingering skepticism you may have about whether slow cookers can have delicious, meat-free applications, and she shows how to take into account the water content of vegetables and the absorptive qualities of grains when vegan slow-cooking.
Fresh from the Vegan Slow-Cooker includes eleven recipe chapters, four of which focus on main courses. Including many soy-free and gluten-free recipes, you will find:
- Homey and comforting foods in the American and European style, such as a Rustic Pot Pie Topped with Chive Biscuits and a Ziti with Mushroom and Bell Pepper Ragu
- East Asian, South and Southeast Asian, and Mexican/Latin dishes
- Appealing bean dishes such as a Crockery Cassoulet and a Greek-Style Beans with Tomatoes and Spinach
- Eighteen robust chilis and stews, including a warming Chipotle Black Bean Chili with Winter Squash and a surprising but yummy Seitan Stroganoff
- Snacks and appetizers, desserts, breads and breakfasts, and even drinks
Combining the convenience of the slow cooker with the health and environmental benefits of vegan eating, Fresh from the Vegan Slow Cooker is a must-have resource, whether you live a completely vegan lifestyle or are looking to incorporate more meatless meals into your busy life.