Description Description Get ready for Lunar New Year, following a little girl and her family as they get ready for and celebrate the Lunar New Year festival.
With non-fiction information about the significance of certain rituals, but told through the excited eyes of a child, this is a book to return to year after year in the run up to the biggest festival in the Chinese calendar.
Each of the 12 spreads will feature 12 lift flaps, 144 in total.
- See the little girl decorate the house with lucky red decorations
- Tidy the house to welcome in the new year
- Watch a special firework display
- Discover which animal year it will be
- Make festive dumplings with Nainai (grandma)
- Read a story about the zodiac with Yeye (grandpa)
- Watch a lion and dragon dance in the town square
- Make offerings to her ancestors
- And on the very last spread, have a traditional family reunion new year on the eve of Lunar new year and exchange lucky red envelopes.